第I卷 第一部 聽力(共兩節，滿分30分)
第一節(共5小題:每小題1.5分，滿分7.5分） 聽下面5段對話。每段對話后有一個小題，從題中所給的A、B、C三個選項中選出最佳選項，并標在試卷的相應位置。聽完每段對話后，你都有10秒鐘的時間來回答有關小題和閱讀下一小題·每段對話僅讀一遍。 例：How much is the shirt? A.￡19.15. B. ￡9.15 C. ￡9.18 答案是B。
1. Where does this conversation probably take place?
A. In a bookstore. B. In a classroom C. In a library.
2. At what time will the film begin? A. 7:20. B. 7:15. C. 7:00.
3. What are the two speakers mainly talking about?
A.Their friend Jane. B. A weekend trip.
C. A radio programme.
4. What will the woman probably do? A. Catch a train. B. See the man off. C. Go shopping.i
5. Why did the woman apologize? A. She made a late delivery. B. bne went to the wrong place. C. She couldn't take the cake back.
聽下面5段對話。每段對話后有幾個小題，從題中所給的A. B. C三個選項中選出最佳選項，并標在試卷的相應位置。聽每段對話前，你將有時間閱讀各個小題，每小題5秒鐘;聽完后，各小題給出5秒鐘的作答時間。每段對話讀兩遍。
聽第6段材料，回答第6. 7題。 6.Whose CD is broken? A. Kathy's. B. Mum's. C. Jack's.
7: What does the boy promise to do for the girl?
A. Buy her a new CD. B. Do some cleaning. C. Give her 10 dollars.
聽第7段材料，回答第8、9題。 8. What did the man think of the meal? A. Just so-so
B. Quite satisfactory. C. A bit disappointing.
9. What was the 15% on the bill paid for? A. The food. B. The drinks. D. The service.
聽第8段材料，回答第10至12題。 10. Why is the man at the shop? A. To order a camera for his wife B. To have a camera repaired C. To get a camera changed.
11. What colour does the man want? A. Pink. B.Black. C. Orange.
12. What will the man do afterwards? A. Make a phone call.
B. Wait until further notice. C. Come again the next day.
13. What would Joe probably do during the Thanksgiving holiday? A. Go to a play. B. Stay at home. C. Visit Kingston.
14. What is Ariel going to do in Toronto? A. Attend a party. B. Meet her aunt. C. See a car show.
15. Why is Ariel in a hurry to leave? A. To call up Betty. B. To buy some DVDs. C. To pick up Daniel.
16. What might be the relationship between the speakers? A. Classmates. B. Fellow workers. C. Guide and tourist.
聽第10段材料，回答第17至39題。 17. Where does Thomas Manning work? A. In the Guinness Company. B. At a radio station. C. In a museum.
18. Where did the idea of a book of records come from?
A. A bird-shooting trip. B. A visit to Europe.
C. A television talk show.
19. When did Sir Hugh's first book of records appear?
A. In 1875. B. In 1950. C. In 1955.
20. What are the two speakers going to talk about next?
A. More records of unusual facts. B. The founder of the company. C. The oldest person in the world.
第二部分 英語知識運用 （共兩節，滿分45分）
從A. B. C. D四個選項中，選出可以填入空白處的最佳選碩，并在答題卡上將該項涂黑。 例: It is generally considered unwise to give a child he or she wants. A. however B. whatever C. whichever D. whenever
21 .- Which one of these do you want? -_______Either will do. A. I don't mind B. I'm sure C. No problem D. Go ahead
22. Sarah looked at finished painting with satisfaction. A.不填; a B. a; the C. the;不填 D. the; a
23. %used to say, \ A. has shown B. is showing C. shows D. showed
24. It is by no means clear the president can do to end the strike.
A. how B. which G that D. what
25. I don't believe we've met before, I must say you do look familiar.
A. therefore B. although C. since D. unless 26. The result is not very important to us, but if we do win, then so much A. the best B. best C. better D. the better 27. Mary is really good at taking notes in class. She can almost every word her teacher says. A. put out B. put down C. put away D. put together 28. The party will be held in the garden, weather A. permitting B. to permit C. permitted D. permit 29. This restaurant wasn't that other restaurant we went to. A. half as good as B. as half good as C as good as half D. good as half as 30.1 use a clock to wake me up because at six o'clock each morning the train comes by my house. - A. couldn't B. mustn't C. shouldn't D. needn't 31. Larry asks Bill and Peter to go on a picnic with him, but of them wants to, because they have work to do. -A. either B. any C. neither D none 32. Film has a much shorter history, especially when such art forms as music and painting. A. having compared to B. comparing to -C. compare to D. compared to 33.1 had been working on math for the whole aftensoon and the numbers before my eyes.
A. swim B. swum C. swam D. had swum 34. You have to move out of the way the truck cannot get past you A. so B.or C and D. but 35. If she doesn't want to go, nothing you can say will her. A persuade B. promise C. invite D. support 第二節 完形填空 （共20小題；每小題1.5分，滿分30分） 閱讀下面短文，從短文后各題所給的四個選項(A, B, C和D)中，選出可以填入 空白處的最佳選項，并在答題卡上將該項涂黑。 Body language is the quiet, secret and most powerful language of all! It speaks 36 than words. According to specialists, our bodies send out more 37 than we realize. In fact, non-verbal(非言語)communication takes up about 50% of what we really 38 .And body language is particularly _ 39 when we attempt to communicate across cultures. Indeed, what is called body language is so 40 a part of us that it's actually often unnoticed. And misunderstandings occur as a result of it.41 ,different societies treat the 42 between people differently. Northern Europeans usually do not like having4 3 contact(接觸)even with friends, and certainly not with 44- . People from Latin American countries,45，touch each other quite a lot. Therefore, it's possible that in 46 . it may look like a Latino is一 47一 a Norwegian all over the room. The Latino, trying to express friendship, will keep moving' 48 _. The Norwegian, very probably seeing this as pushiness, will keep 49一一which the Latino will in return regard as一 50- . 3
Clearly, a great deal is going on when people 51 . And only a part of it is in the words themselves. And when parties are from 52 cultures, there's a strong possibility of
53. But whatever the situation, the best 54 A. in other words B. on the other hand C. in a similar way D. by all means 46. A. trouble is to obey the Golden Rule: treat others as you would like to be _55 36. A. straighter B. louder C. harder D. further 37. A. sounds B. invitations C. feelings D. messages 38. A. hope B. receive C. discover D. mean
39. A. immediate B. misleading C. important D. difficult 40. A. well B. far C. much D. long
41. A. For example B. Thus C. However D. In short 42. A. trade B. distance C. connection D. greetings 43. A. eye B. verbal C. bodily D. telephone 44. A. strangers B. relatives C. neighbour D. enemies 45
B. conversation C. silence D. experimem
47. A. disturbing B. helping C. guiding D. following 48. A. closer B. faster C. in D. away
49. A. stepping forward B. going on C. backing away D. coming out 50. A. weakness B. carelessness C. friendliness D. coldness 51. A. talk B. travel C. laugh D. think
52. A. different B. European C. Latino D. rich
53. A. curiosity B. excitement c misunderstanding D. nervousness 54. A. chance B. time C. result D. advice
55. A. noticed B. treated C respected D. pleased 第三部分 閱讀理解(共兩節，滿分40分) 第一節(共15小題:每小題2分，滿分30分) 閱讀下列短文，從每題所給的四個選項(A. B. C和D)中，選出最佳選項，并在 答題卡上將該項涂黑· A
Are you looking for some new and exciting places to take your kids to? Try some of
. Visit art museums. They offer a variety of activities to excite your kids' interest. Many offer workshops for making hand-made pieces, traveling exhibits, book signings(簽名) by children's favorite writers, and even musical performances and other arts.
. Head to a natural history museum. This is where kids can discover the past from
dinosaur models to rock collections and pictures of stars in the sky. Also, ask what kind of workshops and educational programs are prepared for kids and any special events that are coming up.
. Go to a Youtheater. Look for one in your area offering plays for child and family
visitors. Pre-show play shops are conducted by area artists and educators where kids
can discover the secret about performing arts. Puppet (木偶) making and stage
make-up are just a couple of the special offerings you might find.
Try hands-on science. Visit one of the many hands-on science museums around the
country. These science play-lands are great fun for kids and grown-ups alike. They'll
keep your child mentally and physically active the whole day through while pushing
buttons, experimenting, and building.. When everyone is tired, enjoy a fun family
science show, commonly found in these museums.
56. If a child is interested in the universe, he probably will visit A. a Youtheater
B. an art museum - C. a natural history museum D. a hands-on science museum
57. What can kids do at a Youtheater? A. Look at rock collections. B. See dinosaur models.
C. Watch puppet making. D. Give performances.
58. What does \science\mean in the last paragraph?
A. Science games designed by kids. B. Learning science by doing things. C. A show of kids' science work. D. Reading science books.
59. Where does this text probably come from?
A. A science textbook. B. A tourist map. C. A museum guide. D. A news report. B
Honey from the African forest is not only a kind of natural sugar, it is also delicious.
Most people, and many animals, like eating it. However, the only way for them to get that honey is to find a wild bees' nest and take the honey from it. Often, these nests are high up in
trees, and it is difficult to find them. In parts of Africa, though, people and animals looking for
honey have a strange and unexpected helper - a little bird called a honey guide.
The honey guide does not actually like honey, but it does like the wax in the beehives (蜂房). The little bird cannot reach this wax, which is deep inside the bees' nest. So, when it finds a suitable nest, it looks for someone to help it. The honey guide gives a loud cry that attracts the attention of both passing animals and people. Once it has their attention, it flies through the forest, waiting from time to time for the curious animal or person as it leads them to the nest. When they finally arrive at the nest, the follower reaches in to get at the delicious honey as the bird patiently waits and watches. Some of the honey, and the wax, always falls to the ground, and this is when the honey guide takes its share.
Scientists do not know why the honey